Are you a fan of making your own Christmas gifts?
I love making DIY Christmas gifts but time isn’t always on my side. So instead I do a bit of a mix and match – a few handmade gifts and the rest shop bought. To keep things do-able I mostly try and pick diy gifts that are fairly easy and quick to make. And then I block out an afternoon and make as many as I can.
Sometimes, especially when I’m really pressed for time, I just pick one diy Christmas gift idea and make a whole lot of that one thing which is a lot quicker and easier than making 10 different ones.
I went looking for some creative DIY Christmas gift ideas that your friends and family will love and actually want. Most of them are fairly easy to make but there are some that will take a little longer. But I’ve included 20 so that there is something for everyone. Before I share the gifts, can I just say those macrame feathers – wow! Just wow!
20 creative DIY Christmas gift ideas
1. pretty rattan jewelry organisers by idle hands awake
2. open picture frames by homey oh my
3. wooden baby rattle by almost makes perfect
4. personalised initialed notebook
5. kids pompom hair clips
1. modern brass bookmarks
2. geometric stamp set for kids by mermag
3. terrazzo soaps by fall for diy
4. floral bath salts by almost makes perfect
5. diy rattan tea box plus tea selection by ctrl + curate
Which is your favourite? Those brass bookmarks are the ones I’ve made loads of this year as everybody needs a bookmark and they’re super quick to make – like one minute or even less. Next I’m planning to make those stunning macrame feathers and I also love the wooden picture frames because you can personalise them with a photo of a fun memory.