The whole world celebrates Mother’s Day in May except us in the UK! Here Mother’s day is coming up in the next few weeks so I thought I would share some gift ideas for all those special mums out there. You can of course gift flowers but if you want something a bit more special, these simple and stylish mother’s day gift ideas are for you. And they all cost £25 or less!
While this is a Mother’s Day gift guide, I’ve always thought it’s good to occasionally treat yourself too. And if you’re a mum like me, I can’t think of a better day than for Mother’s day! Or maybe you want to drop some (not so) subtle hints to your family. So yes it’s for whoever you want to spoil including any amazing mum friends you have and yourself of course!
All these Mother’s day gifts are stylish with minimal looks and look more expensive than they are. I’ve included a range of gifts for different interest so I think you’ll even find a gift for some of those mums who are hard to buy.
Mother’s Day gift ideas (£25 or under)
*contains affiliate links
1. undated 365 lay flat planner (£25) – start when you want and stop when you want with this beautiful minimal planner. It conveniently lays flat and is the perfect gift for any stationery lover.
2. hygge scented candle (£19) – a mini candle that smells of hygge (Danish for a feeling of cosiness). This candle has a scent of black tea and mint leaves, dried apples and a dusting of baked cinnamon – sounds yummy!
3. instant repair balm (£20) – an intensely moisturising multi-purpose balm for hands, lips or any dry spot. It contains natural shea butter plus other natural oils. It’s no wonder that those in the know swear by it!
4. fur slippers – (£9.99 on sale) soft, cosy, faux-fur slippers that are currently on sale with 50% off. They’re perfect for keeping toes warm and toasty. But as they’re on sale, once they’re gone, they’re gone!
5. white truffle olive oil (£12) – for all those keen cooks out there this olive oil has a delicate flavour of delicious white truffles making it the perfect oil to drizzle not only on salads, risottos and pasta but also jacket potatoes, steaks, chicken and more.
6. this is home book (£20.99) – know an interior lover? Especially one who loves, warm, simple, pared back interiors? They’ll find lots of inspiration in this book and it looks great displayed on a coffee table.
7. stoneware vase (£19.99) – this asymmetric vase is such a simple but striking piece. The texture, the pale stone colour and the imperfect shape all add to it’s beauty. Who wouldn’t love to display this in their home?
8. natural vegan soap (£14) – this soap is made with grapefruit and dead sea mud and is the perfect skin refresher. It looks great too! But it’s not just about aesthetics, it’s eco-friendly as can be.
9. minimal grid notebook (£10) – this minimal grid pattern notebook isn’t just about looking good but the smooth music sheet paper inside is a joy to write on. If you know a stationery lover, she probably has a stash of notebooks already but trust me, you can never have enough!
10. pillow mist (£22) – most of us mums are busy and this soothing mist has been designed as a treat for the end of a busy day to calm and quiet the mind for sleep. With lavendar, sage, chamomile and other calming scents, this mist sounds like the ideal treat for any busy mum in your life.
11. square hoop earrings (£17) – simple, chic and minimal, these earrings are great for everyday wear or evening wear. Made of recycled brass with a gold finish and a square hoop design, they are ageless and timeless.
12. pretty pencil and cute erasers (£12.99 for both on sale) – we all need pencils and erasers so why can’t they be gorgeous too? This is another gift for a mum who loves stationery or art. The pencils and erasers are sold separately but I thought they’d make a more complete gift together and they’re currently on sale.
13. bubble candle (£9.50) – these vegan bubble candles are so fun and pretty. They’d make a great dinner table centrepiece and the nicest gift. There are plenty of colours to choose from but for me it’s the neutrals that are the most stunning.
14. glow body lotion (£18) – this body lotion not only nourishes and moisturises but also gives a gradual tan over a number of uses. It’s ideal for any sun lovers or anybody who likes a bit of colour on their skin without using fake stuff!
15. candle holders (£25) – with a simple Scandi aesthetic and a pale beige colour, these candle holders are elegant and minimalistic. They’d be just equally at home on a dining table, a coffee table or even the kitchen table.
16. stoneware container (£25) – a little container with a lot of uses. The two tone look make is super stylish and it can be used in the kitchen, bathroom, home office or wherever you need to store little things.
Here’s a quick overview of all the Mother’s day gifts in case you prefer to see them all in one go!
1. undated 365 lay flat planner (£25) | 2. hygge scented candle (£19) | 3. instant repair balm (£20) | 4. fur slippers – (£9.99 on sale) | 5. white truffle olive oil (£12) | 6. this is home book (£20.99) | 7. stoneware vase (£19.99) | 8. natural vegan soap (£14) | 9. minimal grid notebook (£10) | 10. pillow mist (£22) | 11. square hoop earrings (£17) | 12. pretty pencil and cute erasers (£12.99 for both on sale) | 13. bubble candle (£9.50) | 14. glow body lotion (£18) | 15. candle holders (£25) | 16. stoneware container (£25)
Do you feel tempted to skip the flowers and go for one of these gifts this year? If yes, which is your favourite gift?