Every year I tell myself I’ll get ahead by getting all my Christmas gifts early and every year I fail. While I may not be organised enough to get all my gifts ready, I did want to get my guides out in good time and so here is the first gift guide of the festive season. I’ve curated some gorgeous finds across home and fashion that will stand the test of time. These are stylish, design-led pieces that will be cherished for years to come, not just for Christmas.
The gift ideas include a range of things, all with a minimalist and timeless aesthetic. There are gift ideas for home decor lovers, for people who love to cook and those who love their timeless fashion. Also, we all have those hard to buy for people in our lives and I think some of these gifts will delight even them. As always, I have included ideas that are budget friendly as well as some that are more of a splurge. Some of the gifts are little tokens which can easily double up as stocking fillers or as hostess gifts when you go for a festive dinner.
I also wanted to get the gift guides out early so that you can take advantage of any Black Friday sales coming up. In fact some of the finds on my gift ideas are already on sale. So if you like something and it’s discounted, scoop it up before it goes back up in price.
20 timeless Christmas gift ideas (for people who like minimalist design)
*disclosure: contains affiliate links
1. super soft pyjamas £69 (US readers here) – with a monochrome grid pattern
2. salt & pepper grinder £46.21 – in a deep green and beige with walnut
3. striped throw £46.21 – cotton throw with dark grey stripes (on sale)
4. soft teddy slippers £27 (US readers here) – in pale pink (on sale with 50% off in the UK only)
5. 10-in-1 non-stick pan £105 (US readers here) – in a pale greige (currently on a Black Friday offer in both UK & US)
6. hygge scented candle £35 (US readers here) – with notes of black tea, mint, apple and cinnamon
7. thermos bottle £21 – in a sandy colour for both hot and cold drinks (on sale)
8. the little book of hygge £9.99 (US readers here) – which is a million copy bestseller
9. oak trivet £16.80 – with a sculptural design (on sale)
10. quilted laptop case £35 (US readers here) – that’s also available in white
11. five year journal £23.95 (US readers here) – with a cloth cotton cover
12. stoneware cup and saucer – £28.51 each – with a marble-like two tone pattern (on sale)
13. wool scarf £77 (US readers here) – in off-white with contrasting blanket stitch detailing (on sale in the US only)
14. the interior design handbook £20 (US readers here)| – filled with practical tips for your home
15. marble pedestal bowl £34.99 (not available in the US) – to use as a catchall or just for display
16. quilted mini bag £225 (US readers here) – in soft beige leather
17. bath bombs £25 (US readers here) – with a jasmine rose fragrance
18. ribbed cashmere slippers £69 (US readers here) – in beige with leather soles
19. crochet straw bag £79 (US Readers here) – with leather trim in contrasting black
20. large knot decoration £44.50 – in sand for display on tables or shelves (on sale)
*all prices correct at the time of publish including sale prices.
If you want some more Christmas gift inspo, here’s another Xmas gift guide with all the gifts under £50.