I’ve been on the look out for an accent chair for our living room because I think every living room needs one. Also I want a comfy chair to sink in to while reading a book or flicking through one of my favourite interior magazines.
Accent chairs are useful not only because they provide extra seating but they also help bring a seating area together. Pick the right accent chair and you can make a stylish statement that creates a focal point too. But this can be tricky because there are so many accent chairs out there. So today I’ve picked out some of the best wooden accent chairs for your living room. I’ll be sharing different types of accent chairs over the coming weeks and months including boucle accent chairs, upholstered accent chairs and more. For now it’s all about neutral, wooden accent chairs all with a simple minimal design.
I especially recommend wooden accent chairs for your living room if it’s a small space. Wooden accent chairs look lighter and less bulky than other styles so they work really well in small living rooms. And some of the chairs can also be used as dining or desk chairs as and when needed. Also I love how you can cosy them up in the cooler months with a cushion or woollen/sheepskin throw.
As always, I’ve picked out a range of chairs for every budget and there’s even one that’s super budget friendly (less than 100!). Can you guess which one before reading the descriptions?
9 of the best wooden accent chairs for your living room
*contains affiliate links
1. cuba lounge chair (US readers here) – a timeless chair that is both functional and beautiful. The chair has a very slim silhouette and folds up so is ideal for small living spaces. It can even be hung on a wall. Pair with a cushion for extra cosiness.
2. december lounge chair (US readers here) – I love the combination of wood and leather which makes this accent chair really stand out. It comes in a few different colours of leather and there’s also a linen and wood option. It’s minimalist lines and lightweight appearance make it another great choice for small living rooms but it does come with a hefty price tag so if your budget is tight, this isn’t the one for you.
3. froset easy chair (US readers here) – I’m loving the cool shape and the pale oak finish of this chair (it does come in a few other colours too but the oak is my favourite). This is the most budget friendly chair on the list and there’s no compromise on good looks. It would look great paired with a sheepskin chair throw or a sheepskin cushion.
4. visu lounge chair (US readers here) – this chair is super simple in design but still so stylish. I’ve pictured the black stained oak accent chair in the list but it also comes in a beautiful natural oak (pictured at the top of the post) and grey version too. The shape makes it really comfy to sit on (I have one so thats how I know) and it’s simple appearance is again great for small homes.
5. moby accent chair (not available in the US) – made of natural cane with contrasting black metal legs, this chair is great for adding texture and warmth to a living room. This chair is budget friendly too and can be styled in so many ways – with cushions, sheepskin, linen throws and more.
6. kaski accent chair (US readers here) – a natural chair in wood and linen weave, this chair has a subtle rustic vibe to it. I love the modern clean lines and the little details like the slanted back and the curved front legs. It comes with a beige leather cushion for added comfort and texture. This is a ‘blow the budget’ chair so skip this one if your budget is small.
7. pavillion lounge chair (US readers here) – the combination of the wood, leather and metal and the curved arms all come together for a beautiful modern minimalist look. But it’s not just about the looks, this is a super practical chair too as it can be used as a living room accent chair, a dining chair when extra seating is needed or even a desk chair. It’s perfect for small space living because it’s so versatile. It comes in a few different wood and seat finishes.
8. farrah accent chair (not available in the US) – this is similar to the first chair on the list but it’s the budget friendly version. It’s not foldable but is simple and stylish. In pale beech with woven rattan, this chair will add texture and warmth to your living space. Pair it with a cosy blanket and you can create the perfect reading nook.
9. galb armchair (US readers here) – if you prefer darker wood tones then this walnut armchair is the one for you. Clean lines combines with subtle curves make this accent chair pretty stunning! And it’s a really versatile piece too – use it as an armchair, desk chair or dining chair when needed. Cosy it up with a furry throw. And it’s one of the more affordable ones on the list.
Which of these wooden accent chairs is your favourite?
Please note this post contains affiliate links which means that I may receive a small commission on any sales made. Buying through the links does NOT result in any extra cost to you.