Benches are such useful pieces of furniture as they have multiple uses. And there is something so simple and minimal about them. There are no arms or embellishments, instead all you have is clean lines and slim silhouettes. Of course this isn’t true for every bench but it is for each of the ones I’ve picked out for you today – these minimalist wood benches couldn’t be more beautiful or practical.
Speaking of practical, benches can be used as tables, they can be handy extra seating at the dining table or outdoors when you’re short of chairs. They can be used as a simple room divider. They can be used as coffee tables… the list goes on. They’re also so easy to move around from one room to another.
Benches are such a versatile piece of furniture that I think every home needs at least one. They offer both aesthetics and functionality which is the key to choosing pieces for you home. I’ve picked out a range of benches and as always, included pieces for different budgets.
9 of the best minimalist wood benches
I have given UK/Europe and US stockists where available.
*contains some affiliate links
1. ovo bench – a simple bench with clean lines that comes with or without a leather bench pad. This bench also comes in a couple of sizes so can easily double up as a dining bench.
3. recycled wood bench (US here) – this bench has more of a rustic look but is still very simple. It’s a particularly narrow bench so it’s ideal for narrow spaces like a corridor or a narrow entryway. And it’s budget friendly too.
4. nadi bench – this black wooden bench is the most budget friendly on the list. I’ve picked out the black version but there’s also a natural one. This bench comes in two sizes and the small one would be very handy as a bedside table that doubles as an extra seat in a small home.
5. acoya bench – this white oiled wooden bench can be used indoors or outdoors. The design is pared back and combined with the pale wood, it would work with any style of Scandi decor from modern minimalist to rustic.
6. bull bench (US here) – made of wood, metal and leather, this bench has a clean design and is small enough for most spaces. It has a black frame with a few different finishes for the top from black to a pale grey-beige.
7. minimal bench (US here) – the combination of the oak frame with the grey-brown leather seat keeps the look simple and stylish. Large enough to seat two people yet on the smaller side, this bench is perfect for extra seating when needed.
9. georg bench (US here) – this is a design classic and is beautiful in it’s simplicity. It’s inspired by a mix of Japanese and Nordic design and also comes with a black seat cushion. It makes a comfy dining bench but equally handy in an entryway.
These minimalist wood benches are all quite different yet so stylish. I’ve picked out ones in different sizes and for different budgets but I don’t think you can go wrong with any. And if you’re in need of a dining bench, even the more expensive benches can often be budget friendlier when compared to buying individual dining chairs.
Which of these benches is your favourite?